(kid rock, a famous but controversial m.n.r.)
so after those bitchin' finals that were deemed necessary all last week, I'm back to it- but with new classes!?!? Whooooaahh, I know, semesters are crazy. Almost as crazy as getting the same spanish teacher for a second semester in row who you don't...get along with. But anyway, the highlight was definately MNR. That's Michigan Natural Resources for all you ecological laymen out there. A class devoted entirely to Michigan's natural world with a teacher who enjoys his job, what more could I ask for? I didn't even get homework in that class, what a guy. The last thing we did after ) decided to explain his cell phone policy for a half and hour was to go over the first five animals that would be on our quiz. 1) American Robin, novice stuff really. Although the bird's call is fair game on a test, but I'm not worried. 2) Ruffed Grouse, intermediate difficulty, although I was the only one in the class to modestly and with a sense of embarassment say, "yes i do believe that is the ruffed grouse". 3) Red Winged Black Bird, we listen to the call and after el maestro related the call of the bird to spring I knew exactly what he was talking about, and could feel that warm breeze and lack of brown slush in the streets. 4) Racoon. I learned all I needed to know about this clever mammal from "The Great Outdoors". If you don't know what I'm talking about you haven't lived. 5) Wood Duck, once again, the only one who knew it, but I mean c'mon, its a wood duck.
Another highlight was the description of the trip up north over a weekend in May to help the forest service count grouse in the woods. You know how cool that is to me? That's like season tickets to Tigers' games along with your best friends and all the ladies, and somehow working a camio by Bill Murray in there.
On second thought maybe not, but counting birds in the woods is still pretty cool. And equally as cool was when he said, "Ya, fyi to all you juniors out there, when the seniors leave we'll be spending most every class at Maybury". Double score. Do I even need to explain this gem? I think not.
(ohh, and while looking for a picture for this post I stumbled across UofM's School of Natural Resources and Enviornment. aaaahhhh, shit, better watch out now, clay's narrowing down his college search!?!?!) Word.

No comments:
Post a Comment