Friday, January 18, 2008

shit, finals!

Normally I try not to use exclamation points in my writing, they just seem to represent some forced sense of excitement. But the title needs one to reinforce that this time around a lackadaisical 'shit, finals...' won't suffice. No, no, these are junior finals. The bitchin' kind.

My English final is some project that we got to design ourselves based on one of the units we focused on throughout the semester. I chose to create a portfolio on actual utopian societies, but the important thing is that we get to design our own rubrics as well. So today I was supposed to have all my pages of drafting done. I had my introduction, half finished. My teacher was like, "Clay, where's the rest?" "Hey Mrs. Besco, chill out, I'm working on it" "But the project is due Monday" "And today's Friday...were you trying to make a point?" Ohh I wish I could talk to teachers like that, but that is in the realm of fantasy my friend. Anyway, the standard other stuff: Chemistry, a.p. European History, Algebra 2, Spanish 4; you get the idea.

Speaking of euro, we had an excellent day today in class. Most likely because over half our class was on a field trip to the DIA. I didn't go because of some other tests that I would have missed had I went, and I just don't like art that much. So I thought we would have a sub and a review packet to do, but alas I was wrong. The seven or eight of us sat in the classroom unattended for roughly 90 minutes playing gameboy and watching 'beerfest' on muscles' iPod. Best day of A.P. European History ever. Who cares about Napoleon and the rise of French absolutism anyways?

One last thing worthy of note, we hit up Asian Buffet after the meet last night. Normally, well, it leaves your ass on fire, but the stars were aligned last night, and the general's chicken was delicious and extra saucy. The highlight of the dinner was not the freshman eating wasabi, but rather the fortune cookie game. If you've never played before you're missing out. Crack open that cookie, read your fortune, and then add '-in your bed' to the end. I won with a "You will quickly start a popular business (in your bed)", or I was winning until A.J. pulled the same fortune. Good Asian food is hard to beat. Word.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Besco is a crazy ass bitch. word

Jim said...

it's ok to call it chinese food

clay said...

personally I think she's pretty nice and a good teacher. Mrs. Besco, should you ever read this, by "crazy ass bitch" the anonymous commenteer means "really kind and loving English teacher that changed my life for the better".