But seriously, what does a high school know about politics? On the whole, jack shit. That's right, most of my friends don't care and there are girls in some of my classes who probably can't pronounce politics (pahl-i-Tiks). But the select few of us out there care, and care deeply. Somehow I still have quite a bit of free time even with swimming and the devil work assigned constanly by teachers. MSNBC, the Daily Show, newspapers, and that stupid AOL homepage newfeed all give me a constant flow of updates from the torrent that is the river of American with a capitol 'A' politics. In fact I would argue that I'm much more up to date than many would think. For instance, do you know who Bhutto was? Do you know which candidates won Iowa? How many have died in Kenya? Ohh, you don't know? Just ask me.
Now the important part. In the wake of the much influential Kennedy endorsement, I felt the nation could no longer wait for my own opinion as to who could best kick ass. Many factors come into play, such as the economy, wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, healthcare, enviornmental responsibility and the concern of electing a candidate who is way old. So John Mccain, you're a great guy, but your commitment to the war and extreme 'old' just don't do it for me. As for you Romney, honestly I feel no allegiance to you at all even though you're from MI. And while your business background could help economic concerns that are more really than concerns, I just don't like you much. Hillary, what can I say? I bet you'd do just fine, although on some occasions you do seem to be a bit bitchy. I just think that barack could do better. The image of change is an apealing one, and have you heard him talk? If he told me to jump off a bridge I might just do it. His policies and my ideals mesh, and thats what you look for in a candidate. So if I could cast my ballot I would definately Barrack the Vote. But I can't, so it doesn't really matter. Remember, "Only those who aspire to be slaves take no part in their government". Word.

Just an FYI, I totally called Huckabee and Obama in Iowa. You gotta like Huckabee too, he's gives a good vibe and the whole southern baptist thing doens't really concern me that much, but like I said, that's just me. Word x2.

7 comments:
you should be an mtv news anchor
I was thinking E myself.
I was hoping for comedy central
i think you have to be funny to be on comedy central
then explain stephen colbert
colbert = funny
clay = funny hair cut
but he's so narcissitic
Post a Comment