Last night was the Wayne Memorial swim meet. Nobody really swam that great, but we really didn't have to, so it was no big deal. In order to celebrate our victory over the literally 12 person Wayne team, we went out to Cheeburger Cheeburger. If you've never been, you're not missing anything, but I had no choice in the matter due to my not being a senior. The idea was that we would all order the pounder and get our picture up on their wall of glory. The plans really fell through, however, when some didn't even attempt this feat and others were totall bitches and didn't finish. Seriously, there are kids on the team that didn't finish who I'm sure have put more than a one pound burger in their mouth before. So anyways, my pounder comes out and it's absolutely nasty. This 20 oz. patty must have been from the ugliest damn cow ever, but I wasn't about to make excuses. I plowed through the juicy, greasy meat like Rosie O'Donnel and eventually came down to my last few bites. that was perhaps the most unhealthy I have felt in a long time. I wanted to throw up, and I didn't want to swallow anything else. But much like Ghandi, I too persisted and in glorious conclusion to my adventure I drew the attention of the entire restaraunt and tossed the last peice of patty, bun, lettuce, and american cheese into the air and caught it in my mouth on the descent. Upon re-entry the burger fell apart, but through extreme concentration I was able to catch each piece.
What does that have to do with a snowday? Well if you have ever downed 20 oz. of anything, you'll know that your shitometer will generally climb to an unreal level before too long. Well I went to bed right after I got home, which would have meant a school shit which is nasty beyond belief. The snowday saved me.
Also making today better, my Cabela's gear arrived. The 70 dollars worth of gear I ordered for spring break fish catching came today and I wasted no time opening everything and trying not to hook myself. I spent a solid hour going through some of my new lures and imagining myself relaxing on the beach catching some more giant fish. 
If anything else as crazy as what I have just described happens today, count on an update. After all, I have a three day weekend now. Word.

No comments:
Post a Comment