If you have never had the privelige of flipping through the pages of the Cabela's Master Fall or Master Spring catalogs, than you honestly have not lived. Whether you like the store, hate it, or have never heard of it, the things inside always bring some interest. For example, as I was cruising the pages of the spring cato. today, I came across this gem: the savage enforcer tactical 1081. This one really made me think for a while, mostly with this question: why would anyone need a pimped out pellet gun? Maybe it's just me, but I always thought pellet guns were for plinking cans out of you bedroom window, or at least that's what I did. And ya, I can see some chipmunk/small mammal hunting if they're getting into your birdfeeder and shit, but this is obnoxiously/barely legally pimped.
#1. A flashlight? are you really going to be shooting at shit in the dark? I don't have a degree or anything, but I can still recognize that that's a dumbass idea.
#2. A laser pointer? Why the hell do you need a laser pointer on a pellet gun? I mean shit, do you want to blind that squirell before you snipe it's head off?
#3. Bipod? This isn't "call of duty", you don't need to adjust for windage and elevation every time you line up a shot. Like I've said, its a damn pellet gun.
So ya, that's my beef with the common weapon of choice for many small mammal hunters. If any of you have seen "Rushmore" than you ought to recall that scene where the guys gets shot in the ear with the bb gun from the dorm window. That's exactly how I see this gun being used. Someone's really pissed off but can't afford a real gun, so they go to cabelas, sign up for a cabela's credit card to take $20 off the bill, and then take the gun home and go for the gold: a well placed ass shot. Word.

No comments:
Post a Comment