That's my birthday! In case you missed it, don't feel bad, I didn't cry too much or anything. In fact, this was probably one of the sweetest b-days yet. Parties, women, Trek 4900 Mountain Bikes, it was all there. The festivities started on the 18th after school in the parking lot, where I hosted an amature bash in spot 250. The only problem was the weather was shitty. Like 50 degrees and that kind of shitty mist that just falls but isn't really raining, you know what I mean. We partied for as solid half an hour and then called it quits. Unfortunately for Harry, the partying/weather was simply too much for his body to handle as he got a fever of like 105 that night or something. Reward is not without risk!
Anyways, the big present was of course the sexy, gorgeously contoured bike. I fell in love with it at first sight, but sadly she didn't feel the same feel. However, the bike and I have worked out our problems and now have a strong friendship, especially when I got flat. That's right, I got a flat tire after riding a grand total of 1.48 miles around grandma's backyard. Apparently thorns/sticks are not good to ride over. In my sudden infactuation with biking I started building a mountain bike path through the woods in the backyard which is halfway done. Knowing me it will stay halfway done the rest of the summer, but let me tell you, its a great first half. I even built a bridge of rotting 2x4s across the creek. The wood rot makes each time across much more dramatic not knowing if you'll make it across in victory or fall into the four inches of icy spring water in painful embarassment.
Another highlight was the party I had on saturday. We had a nearly out of control bonfire, delicious hot dogs, and some great rounds of sardines. If you don't know, sardines is the much more social version of hide and go seek. One person hides and then the rest of the group races to find and hide with them. Mike, Jon, and I hid on the driveway in trash bags and almost suffocated in the 20 minutes it took the girls to find us. Before the party I spent 30 minutes cleaning up all the dog poop in the back yard. I still missed some though, as evidenced by jon's shoe.
I ate my birthday cake in 2 and a half days: delicious. Word.

No comments:
Post a Comment