Monday, November 19, 2007

Cryptozoology 101

As many of you may or many not know, Mrs. Locklin drives me crazy to the point of doing a bellysmacker off the platform (10m) into a pool of Marilyn Manson, O.J., and teletubies. So needless to say I was pretty excited to see that we had a sub. Mr. Dobronovich or something like that was pretty cool, making a few cracks at how pointless and often hopeless substitute teaching is, but that was beside the point. I had a research paper to own.
That's right, a full length semi-decent research paper for sociology, a class I really don't care about, which makes this assignment extra spicy. Unless she works for the KGB, I'm quite sure Locklin doesn't know I've taken all honors english classes/have a 112 member fan club on facebook dedicated to Mr. Uberti's and my own 'online artwork'. So I will address the prompt 'Native Americans: Progress and Problems', but it will be so full of metaphors and so hot that the paper actually bursts into the flames of native american ancestor worship. Enough said.

So as Mr. D. led us into the computer lab a whopping 8 steps from the classroom, I felt quite confident that I could research and write my paper in about 40-42 minutes and I still had another 2 weeks before the due date. This left a massive chunk of free time for my next hour and a half, a chunk I intended to fill with Line Rider. As I created jumps, loops, and deathly drops, I couldn't help but feel that something was missing from my day, my cryptozoology fix.

Griffin chose to research crypto. for his paper, and he found one solid source. A chatroom/homesite for the whole crypto. community out there. Needless to say I was quite intrigued, and immediately abandoned Line Rider to sit in awe of the illustrations of these creatures yet unknown to science. Nessie, Sasquatch, Chupacabra, and other 'monsters' were honored and debated all over the place. The best part was the 'members online now' feature, where I saw that 'cryptidcatcher123', 'lissalue', ''C' Man', and 'Grant' were online; my favorite amature crypto.s. Among the pictures on this post: "mysterious red shark in MA" "bizzare rabbit-like creature in Southwestn Oregon" and "Wendingo". You honestly have to see it to believe it. These were all listed under the 'sightings' portion of Cryptozoology.com. Good hunting. I'm quite sure Jelso didn't draw these either, which means there are people just as crazy, if not more so, as him out there. Sleep Tight.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all better vote velociraptor for the poll, if not i'll come over and show you why you should.

Jim said...

a well placed shot from a longbow could take out a 'raptor from over 100 yards. dragons are basically invincible.

Tripp said...

EMaise,
I voted velociraptor for that very same reason. Although your last name means corn, your still ferocious.

Anonymous said...

Wise choice trip

clay said...

While I agree with Jim, I would pick 'nessie' since in LOTR that wussy girl killed one of the wraith's dragons. If it happened in LOTR, it must be true. Also, 'Nessie' is obviously more comfortable in the water than humans; we'd be playing on her turf.

Ryan said...

clay, cryptozoology has long been under my list for potenital jobs