Saturday, November 10, 2007

spring break '09


On my lazy friday, after playing Halo with Eric for a while, we went over to Kowalski's for some more...Halo. But Eric was too busy playing Guitar Hero, and Chris was doing something else so we ended up watching this snowboarding documentary. I was pretty tired and didn't really care what we watched, just so long as I got to sit on one of the recliners. I was planning on just falling asleep in the chair, but I couldn't; the movie was too good.
I love snowboarding, I really do. Most of my friends probably don't think so because I have honestly only been about 7 or 8 times in 5 years, and a big old 0 times in the last 2 years thanks to swimming (#9 reason I hate my sport). But that's beside the point, I mean how many people say they love God, and have they ever met Him? I don't think so, at least not the way my ass consistently meets ice everytime I go snowboarding. So obviously how many times you've done something has no effect on if you love it or not. Some of my favorite memories are from snowboarding; especially the trip up north. I clearly remeber the day Eric, Chris, Nick, and myself spent the whole day at Nubs Nob. I was feeling pretty confident and was doing an okay job at keeping up with Eric and Chris, so after we did some black diamonds or whatever they're called (I'm above labeling nature in regard to number/color of diamond) we went for some 'backcountry' action. You know, the time where all four of us hit a tree and laid moaning within 100 feet of each other. Or how about at Boyne when we decided to do the moguls and I ended up being left by myself falling repeatedly while being laughed at by those above me on the ski lift. I know, some great memories. But when you think about it, if I can enjoy a painful, embarassing day of snowboading than I must really, really like it.

So as I sat in Kowalski's basement watching Farmer and Shaun White and that annoying dumbass Hannah Teeter carve down 70 degree slopes after being dropped via helicopter on top of an Alaskan mountain in the middle of nowhere, it got me thinking about our spring break trip. No, not to Alaska, but somewhere that still has snow. It's not that I don't want to go to Cozumel and get totally plaster for consecutive nights and make some really bad decisions, its that I want to go out west more. So our first thing we have to hammer out is where we're actually going to go, since 'the west' is quite large. Utah, Colorado, Montana, and Oregon are all possibilities. Personally I wouldn't mind hitting up Bridger Bowl/Big Sky and staying in Montana's very own Bozeman Best Westen, a hotel/city I know well. The second thing we have to figure out is what else we're going to do besides snowboard, but that's really not important. What is necessary is finding some companions to go with us. Here is my list of people I want to come on spring break with me:

1) Wes Anderson to document our entire trip.

2) Bear Grylls in case we.... in case... listen, there's wolves and bears and shit out West

3) Alex Rodriguez, so we can leave him in the backcountry to fend for himself. If he survives I will have new respect for him, if not we won't have to listen to trade talks/contract negotiations every day of the calander year.

4) Bill Murray because he seems like he'd be a 'fun drunk'

5) Snowboarder Danny Kass, because Eric loves him and a happy Eric is a happy trip

Well, that's my top 5, but its up for debate. Somehow I would also like to include a Mariachi band, but that might not be too practical. Anyways, that is how I will be spending my spring break of 2009. Word

yes, he is drinking turtle blood

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know im there all the way. Thanks for including Danny Kass too because he is the shit.

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

i couldnt pick a better top 5

Jim said...

you guys are welcome to crash in our basement, bill murray can have the upstairs guest room

clay said...

just so long as I can sleep in the presence of bear