Sunday, March 2, 2008

wrestling

Although league meet was quite dissapointing, we weren't about to let that feeling of "damnit" get in the way of our fun. Fun that generally involves wrestling at the post league meet party. I am proud to say that nobody was killed in the fighting that occured in my basement, although much respect was gained and lost that night. I barely even knew it had started, but somehow Jurr had gone into the back room and found the mats, Inchaus had moved furniture, and muscles was setting up pillows against the glassware. Even the parents got into it, and in some odd displays of care dads were calling for their sons to, 'kick his ass!'.

I chose to fight Nate Lunn in a rematch from last year which ended in a tie. The highlight (other than my baiting him with a dollar bill) was the cirque de sole shit towards the end. On opposite corners of the mat and with time running down, I sommersaulted across the floor into what would have been Nate's ankles. But he instinctively jumped, and I not knowing this popped up to grab him.
this is the photo taken right before I threw nate into the attic.

he weighs 40 lbs.

Although the fight looks quite one sided, it ended in a draw. That's okay though because Nate and I were proffesionals, and were simply trying to put on show for a well tipping audience. Word.

Ohh, and I'm not sure why, but for some reason dad decided to wrestle me that night also. I'm not sure if he had one too many or what, but he obviously wasn't thinking clearly. When I found out he was actually trying I decided to stop the fooling around and pinned him. I would have been nicer, but in front of the team I take no mercy; I gained much street cred. that night. Word.

No comments: