Friday, December 21, 2007

mr. dent

I took medieval history this year not because I was particularly interested, but because I had heard it was pretty easy. Easy seems to be an understatement. For example, we spend anywhere between 60-90 minutes each day watching a movie, and spending whatever remaining time talking about northville sports, or how ineffective the lions are.

But besides the rambing about every sport besides swimming and the movies from dent's childhood years, mr. dent is the reason I love the class so much. The old man taught one of my brothers 15 years ago, which is ironic since I'm almost positive that he still doesn't know my name. But I understand, he's been around so long he just doens't have any more room up there for names of students. In a way he's like that grandpa that thinks he's socially progressive and in with technology, but in reality he's set in his ways. The other day he was telling us a story about his hometown of Dearborn. He made sure we knew it was 'different' back then. But anyways, he went on to tell a, how do I say, politically incorrect story that he thought was hilarious. Of course we all laughed since we couldn't believe that he just said that. It's refreshing to have an oldschool "I don't give a shit, they couldn't fire me if I killed a kid" teacher once in a while. Another example of Mr. Dent's b.a.ness I noticed at the northville-canton basketball game last night. He arrived about at the start of the second quarter, and was wearing a varsity jacket. How cool is that. Sixty year old Mr. Dent wearing a varsity jacket. Awesome. It didn't have a letter or anything, but it was a jacket none the less. What's cooler yet is that he sat in the student section. Double awesome.

Mr. Dent, I don't think you know how to use the internet, but if you do and read this, keep on keeping on. You're the man Mr. Dent, and everybody at school knows it. And in case you were wondering, we crushed Canton last night without the skills of my boy EMaise, so we all know what would have happened if EMaise got in for too long. Massacre. Canton sucks. Word.

No comments: