Tomorrow is one of the most important days of the whole season, if you didn't know. In fact, it could very well be the most important. Brother Rice at home, 7:00. Number 1 Brother Rice at unranked-but-still-better-than-almost-everybody Northville. Actually, if we pull our shit together and swim our asses off like we know we can, we will be we-can-beat-anybody Northville. That's the goal.
But tommorow is quite a big deal for me too. A huge deal. Why, you ask? For three reasons, as I am swimming in three events.
Let me ask you, have you ever been on a relay with three all americans? Because after tommorow I'll say that I have. And have you ever anchored that A relay against a top rated team in the most anticipated meet of the season? Because after tommorow I'll say that I have.
50 freestyle, two lengths as fast as you can go. Once again, lane 3, the A lane. You know why the 50 is a hard event? Because it's only two lengths. But doesn't that make it easier? No, because you only have 23, hopefully 22 seconds, to get back to that wall. If you screw up on one thing; your dive, your turn, you stroke, your breathing- you're finished.
Hundo fly, the thing nobody wants to swim, because it sucks. I've never been so exhausted after a race than I was after the 100 fly at league meet last year. Shoulders, chest, abs, legs; they all hurt.
But there's nothing better than swimming as fast, as hard as you can go and then looking at the scoreboard, hearing the crowd, and knowing that you somehow pulled it out and won your race. There's also nothing worse than knowing you blew it. Do I hope Brother Rice sucks tomorrow? No, that's not our style, I hope they swim great. I just hope we swim greater. And if we swim greater, I hope there's no wait at Brann's. Word.

1 comment:
50 free = no breathing
good luck
Post a Comment