Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I love the woods



This weekend I was walking through the woods. It's pretty cool what you can see if you really look around. For example, I snuck behind John Kitna's house and had a peek at his pool. More importantly was the dragonfly that I saw. It buzzed me, and after my initial shock, I could appreciate it. If you're still at the 'all bugs are gross' stage in life- grow up. Anyway, I contined through the woods, but forgot about bug spray. Marshy woods in the shade during summer. Shit. As the mosquitoes attacked me, I ran faster and faster with amazing agility aimlessly through open patches of shoulder high nedles and thistles. Double terd. What I didnt realize was that there were burrs all over the place. As I bent under trees and spun away from my buzzing adversary, I unknowlingly tangled myself. Sweaty, muddy, bloody, cut, itchy, really itchy, and demoralized, I came out of the woods. I didn't even see any deer or coyotes, so my saga was pointless. I still love the woods. (the mantis was from up north)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

come visit me after one of you epic woods adventures. bugs are gross but i hav to say that praying mantis is cool

clay said...

Definately, maybe I'll bring you a bug... Happy birthday!