
Before tonight, the extent of my Jewish experience had been "The Hanuka Song" by Adam Sandler. But I went to a Bat Mitzvah tonight, and it was alot cooler than I thought it would be. I did have some trouble getting there though. The ceremony was at Temple Israel in West Bloomfield: easy enough. So I mapquested and found that it would take me about 27 minutes to get there. Well Haggarty was packed, alot. Turd. So I was in a hurry and I just turned into the first Jewish place I saw. I guess it was a kind of school or cultural center, an honest mistake considering how many Jewish places there are in West Bloomfield. Double Terd. I finally arrived at the temple about seven minutes late. Damn you mapquest! So I stumbled through the doors, looked at the yarmulkes and white scarf things in utter confusion, and then snuck into the temple part during a prayer, but I was in. The rabbi gave the page number of the next prayer, so I grabbed a book to follow along. Not that I can read Hebrew in the first place, but it took me a while to remeber from fifth grade that Hebrew is read from right to left, and the pages are in the opposite order from what the couple books that I have read have been. So as I sat in my seat turning the book upside down and side to side and trying not to look like a totally lost presbyterian, we did some more prayers in song form. I made out some Amens and Israels in there, and there was alot about Abraham, but the party was awesome.
The theme was movies, with posters, red carpets, and just a bunch of other stuff. There was a 'make your own music video', airbrush tatoos, and tons of food. I made a music video to 'London Bridge', tatooed a t-rex on my arm, and ate alot of chicken fingers. What more could I ask for? Nothing, but maybe a velociraptor instead. I even got a free yarmulke

out of it, I wore it on the way home. Jews sure know how to have a good time. Word.
No comments:
Post a Comment