The plan was simple. Show up to the cross country meet and cheer our lungs/dignity out. But let me tell you, that was way harder than it seemed. I have to say I was not looking forward to the meet since it was cold, windy, and a bit rainy. I met Tripp between classes to get out mapquest directions where I was informed that I would be driving. I hate driving to places where I have no idea where I'm going. Luckily I had Noel and Andy in the car, my navigators. All was good until we got off 275 and tried to find the metropark where the race was. We followed the directions, but we couldn't find the enterance. We started looking at adresses and I swear there was a gap on Savage Road where the park should be. With Berti leading the caravan, we turned around 4 times in less than 6 minutes. Noel was talking to Mrs. Hammel, Tripp was talking to Noel, and Andy was talking to mostly himself and Mrs. Dunn once, which was funny. So we found the park and drove around. How hard could it be to find the race? Pretty damn hard, especially when you're driving around the wrong park. Turns out that Tripp mapquested the wrong park, so after another 20 minutes in Walnut Park or something, we left. We found the park down the street. Even if this wasn't the right one, we were gonna stay there. Luckily it was.
Somehow we got there relatively early, we had about about 20 minutes before the race, but we were operating on pure adrenaline, and quick did our paint job. Our planning at this stage was weak, since we painted the n'ville and 'stangs on us so that we had to run around whenever we wanted to show 'stangs. But whatever. In the parking lot we hurried to paint each others chests in nothing but shorts and socks, which is totally not gay, especially when we're all screaming because the paint's so cold. Once we geared up we ran to the start line- I think that's what you call it. Needless to say all the ladies were quite impressed, but embarrassed that we couldn't figure out the right order of letters. Immediately after the start we sprinted to the 1 mile mark, which happened to be on top of a hill. I know I wasn't in the race, but that hill was still a bitch. From there we ran to the two mile, which seemed like it was 3 miles away. I should have stretched or something, and the pizza and fries I had for lunch were catching up to me. Then we ran to something else, and then to the finish. It's hard to act tough when you feel like you need your inhaler, I'm really out of shape. Plus I was trying not to shiver too much, that's what little kids do. Apparently we really impressed Stephanie since she gave each one of us a big hug, sweat and paint in all. We left after the girls race since cheering for dudes with your clothes off is wierd.
I got home and showered quickly, I had more high school sports to see. Northville v. Novi, Good v. Bad, Hot v. Not, you get the idea. 1-7 v. 7-2. When I got there it was 14-0 them, no suprise there. But somehow, once I arrived, we score 17 unanwsered points. Then we gave up a bunch more, and the refs missed an obvious safety call. If a guy recieving a punt drops the ball, the ball rolls into the endzone, and then the guy falls on it, its a safety. Anyway we lost by 3, and it was way closer than anyone expect- we almost pulled an Appalacian State.
So after a crazy day, I had to get ready for the PSAT (pretty sucky-ass test). What a great way to waste 3 hours of my life. A practice for a test I might not even take. Plus it was easy, I ended up with about 15 extra minutes of calculator game time. I'm getting really good at cave.
The soccer game started at noon. Northville v. Stevenson, Good v. Grotesque, Hot v. Throw up in your mouth, you get the idea. It was the second round of the state playoffs, and it wasn't looking good. It was 0-1 until about 15 mins. left in the 2nd half until we scored off a pk. Dumbass, you don't foul northville in the box, cause we score, always. The game went into OT, and 10 minutes in we scored on a breakaway. It was like watching Lance Armstrong win his 7th TdF. Absolute domination and totally expected. So what if Stevenson was number 2 in the state? We're northville, and we DO NOT loose to Stevenson, ever. A loss to them would be like the Michigan State v. Notre Dame game last year. I wish I could see those assholes from the meet who made fun of us for our mixed up letters and then yelled, "Can't wait for the soccer game tommorow when we beat you". I realize its a Livonia school, but couldn't they think of something a little more piercing to say? We looked buff in our paint, like 6 of the 300 so we didn't care, we were busy posing for pictures. Back to the game, ohh yeah, we won it.
So what did I learn this weekend? Northville never, never looses. Ever. Word.
Somehow we got there relatively early, we had about about 20 minutes before the race, but we were operating on pure adrenaline, and quick did our paint job. Our planning at this stage was weak, since we painted the n'ville and 'stangs on us so that we had to run around whenever we wanted to show 'stangs. But whatever. In the parking lot we hurried to paint each others chests in nothing but shorts and socks, which is totally not gay, especially when we're all screaming because the paint's so cold. Once we geared up we ran to the start line- I think that's what you call it. Needless to say all the ladies were quite impressed, but embarrassed that we couldn't figure out the right order of letters. Immediately after the start we sprinted to the 1 mile mark, which happened to be on top of a hill. I know I wasn't in the race, but that hill was still a bitch. From there we ran to the two mile, which seemed like it was 3 miles away. I should have stretched or something, and the pizza and fries I had for lunch were catching up to me. Then we ran to something else, and then to the finish. It's hard to act tough when you feel like you need your inhaler, I'm really out of shape. Plus I was trying not to shiver too much, that's what little kids do. Apparently we really impressed Stephanie since she gave each one of us a big hug, sweat and paint in all. We left after the girls race since cheering for dudes with your clothes off is wierd.
I got home and showered quickly, I had more high school sports to see. Northville v. Novi, Good v. Bad, Hot v. Not, you get the idea. 1-7 v. 7-2. When I got there it was 14-0 them, no suprise there. But somehow, once I arrived, we score 17 unanwsered points. Then we gave up a bunch more, and the refs missed an obvious safety call. If a guy recieving a punt drops the ball, the ball rolls into the endzone, and then the guy falls on it, its a safety. Anyway we lost by 3, and it was way closer than anyone expect- we almost pulled an Appalacian State.
So after a crazy day, I had to get ready for the PSAT (pretty sucky-ass test). What a great way to waste 3 hours of my life. A practice for a test I might not even take. Plus it was easy, I ended up with about 15 extra minutes of calculator game time. I'm getting really good at cave.
The soccer game started at noon. Northville v. Stevenson, Good v. Grotesque, Hot v. Throw up in your mouth, you get the idea. It was the second round of the state playoffs, and it wasn't looking good. It was 0-1 until about 15 mins. left in the 2nd half until we scored off a pk. Dumbass, you don't foul northville in the box, cause we score, always. The game went into OT, and 10 minutes in we scored on a breakaway. It was like watching Lance Armstrong win his 7th TdF. Absolute domination and totally expected. So what if Stevenson was number 2 in the state? We're northville, and we DO NOT loose to Stevenson, ever. A loss to them would be like the Michigan State v. Notre Dame game last year. I wish I could see those assholes from the meet who made fun of us for our mixed up letters and then yelled, "Can't wait for the soccer game tommorow when we beat you". I realize its a Livonia school, but couldn't they think of something a little more piercing to say? We looked buff in our paint, like 6 of the 300 so we didn't care, we were busy posing for pictures. Back to the game, ohh yeah, we won it.
So what did I learn this weekend? Northville never, never looses. Ever. Word.

No comments:
Post a Comment