Saturday, September 29, 2007

bitch.

So on Friday night I met up with some friends at Hillside Middle School, and it was all cool until I locked my key (as in only set) in the trunk. I felt like such a- no, words cannot describe how stupid I felt. Well, that didn't stop me from having a fun night, but it did stop a much needed homework day. This is how it went down starting Saturday morning:
10:00- arrive at Audi dealership with VIN number to hopefully get another set of keys. The guy that worked there was cool, and he seemed like he being sincere, but I wasn't paying attention to that, I was staring at his mustache.

10:30- Arrive at NPD to hopefully have an officer help me get into the car. The office wasn't open, and I didn't have the balls to call 911, so I did nothing.

11:00-11:30- Get home and search 'the net' for a good locksmith and get some breakfast.

12:00- Get to Hillside to meet the Locksmith

12:30- Still waiting for Locksmith

1:00- Still waiting

1:20- Leave hillside to go to church to help with a clothing drive

3:00- Head home to find another non-douchebag locksmith

3:30- Go to meet locksmith at Hillside

4:00- Come home because he didn't show up

5:00- Meet the third locksmith at Hillside- a weird old man in a sweat suit with a limp in a handicaped van. But at least he showed up, that's good. He tried to jimmy the lock, but that didn't work. So he pried the door and slipped one of those blood pressure arm things in the now present space. Then we used a 'specialized' de-bent hanger to open the door handle. The alarm went off like four different time, but we were in. All fixed, or so I thought. For some reason, the power locks wouldn't work, so I couldn't open the trunk. So I grabbed the guy's pocket knife and went to work. You know that ski/body over 6' holder extension that goes from the trunk through the back seat? Well mine now has a hole in it. I was lucky my huge armspan could reach the keys on the other side.

5:45- Drive Volvo home and ride my bike back to Hillside

6:15- Get home with Audi and bike and keys.

So young padawan, my advice to you is to not lock your keys in your trunk. It sucks. While at home between my stops, I checked out Youtube to see how to break into the car myself, and there was this thing with a tennis ball that worked, but it must have been staged because I couldn't do it. Anyway, this day was pretty much pointless and a waste of my time, but I got to go to a party later, and I picked up some KanYe, its pretty good.

That's my car, the keys are inside, I am not, and that's the hole I cut in the bag.

7 comments:

Jim said...

that's pretty stupid. especially since the rear seats fold down allowing all the trunk access you could ask for. i had that car for 6 1/2 years and never locked the keys in it.

clay said...

The rear seats have to be unlocked (as in the use of a key) to fold down. Good for you for not locking the key in the trunk, Jim. It must have been 6 1/2 years of bliss.

Jim said...

if it makes you feel better i did accidentally drop my keys into a storm drain in florida once...

clay said...

lucky there weren't gators in there

Anonymous said...

Those were my keys to the Jeep (which included keys to my locker, dorm, pool,etc.) that Jim dropped into the drain. He left them for dead b/c he had is own key to the Jeep as a backup... I don't think it was an accident at all.

Jim said...

you forget that i braved mall security to get them back. it was harrowing

Unknown said...

Interesting story. You spent a lot of time to find a locksmith, I was luckily. I locked myself out of my apartment. And I called to locksmith company, number I found in Yellow pages. They said me that locksmith will come in 40 minutes. Within 20 minutes time, the locksmith arrived. He was a tall and fair guy. He brought along all his gears from lightweight to heavyweight. I was really surprised. He checked my ID and opened the door. At all it took me one hour.